THE BUTCHER'S PICKS THIS AUTUMN
Whether it's a soup, stew or slow braise, choosing the right cut is key. Secondary cuts are cost effective and packed with flavour. Here are our top 5 picks to add to your shopping list:
- Bio-Dynamic Beef Osso Bucco - From the shin of the beef, on the bone, with beef marrow. Perfect for soups or thick ragu sauces.
- Organic Chicken Thigh Fillets - The meat from the thigh of the chicken is off the bone, which makes it the juiciest and most flavoursome cut of the chicken. It's recommended for curries and casseroles.
- Free Range Pork Trotters - The trotter is a rich and gelatinous cut, which is ideal for Asian soups and the secret ingredient for a perfect minestrone.
- Bio-Dynamic Beef Brisket - From the chest of the beef, the brisket is best cooked in a piece low and slow. Once cooked, the meat will become soft and tender, and easy to shred.
- Organic Chicken Drumsticks - The chicken leg on the bone, skin on, is a go to cut for casseroles and our recommended cut for hearty chicken soups.
All of these cuts are available for purchase now on our website.